This week has been a busy one as usual, but also such a very lovely one. See the pictures below for a "this week in pictures" overview.
We completed our second to last week of pre-ulpan, and this weekend we're going to Tel Aviv for the day and then attending a Kabbalat Shabbat service on the beach! Look out for more updates soon!
Cute picture as I walked down the greenline towards Tachane Rishona (the first train station).

Welcome to ulpan! Thursday was game day in Tali's class. Zach has a funny hat on his head with a Hebrew word on it. We gave him hints, and he had to guess the word.

"Inconsiderate Joe" aka Joey in Ilana's sunglasses and Zach's hat. Such a great moment

This week I went with Jen to try out the YMCA because we get a free one day trial as HUC students. It was a lot of fun, but I'm really excited for the event I found out about above.

As I was exploring Mahane Yehudah with a friend, he pointed out this mural. Really neat, huh?

On Sunday night I went to an amazing concert of the Yale Whiffenpoofs and the YMCA Youth Chorus. Both groups were fantastic and inspiring. The young students in the chorus come from both Palestinian and Israeli Jewish households. The group is a combination of choir and a space for interfaith dialogue and dialogue about their respective views about living in Israel and in conflict.

Sasha on the swings near one of our favorite bars/restaurants in Rehavia!

I decided to go for a walk through one of the parks near my house to sing. Here's the view from where I was sitting.

Here the fountain at the intersection of Ramban, Rambam, and Karen HaYesod. I love passing it each day! I feel like I should magically turn into Belle every time.

Best falafel I've had since I've been here was from shalom falafel which has been in business since 1947.
Jen and I went shopping on Sunday, and I just had to get a picture of her in this hat. It was just such a Southern lady hat!
Street fair in Tel Aviv!







No comments:
Post a Comment