I want to believe in you
I see you try
I see you struggle
I see you give up
I see you hide
I want to believe in you
I want to be your kid in the audience
I want to clap and say I believe
But I'm not sure you believe in yourself
I want to believe in you
I want to believe even when everyone has given up on you
I want to believe even when you've given up on yourself
I want to believe in the impossible, in you
I want to believe that you can be redeemed
I want to believe that this country can be redeemed
I want to believe that life isn't hopeless
That little girls can clap and believe
That little boys can clap and believe
and that even I and you can believe
I want to believe in the positivity of the world
of the trees of the grass of the air, of GOD
I want to believe in the possibility that life can be sweet
filled with kisses, family, chocolate
Most of all, I want to believe that we can believe in each other
If I don't believe in you, and you don't believe in me, and we don't believe in we...
Who will we be?
Will we be a people of non-believers? Doomed to repeat our history? Our discrimation? Our failures?
Or will we be a people of can-believers? Will we believe in ourselves enough to survive to do more than survive, to thrive?
I don't know if you believe, but I believe.
I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment