Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wholeness

At a loss
A loss for words
The syllables stick to the lining of my throat
The jagged edges of the words cannot escape my lips

A depth in me
A depth in me long forgotten
The memory only a whisper at best
The forgotten loss of someone long ago--life lost to the wind

I am no stranger
Stranger to the words grasped tightly on the breeze
I am no stranger
Alien to the pain and suffering of those who have lost a child, a brother, a sister, a friend

Aren’t we all all for one and one for all?
Perhaps we yet are not--
Never will be
Never may
Yet I still hope
Hatikvah
Hope remains
I hope.


I do not cease and desist
One day
One day
Love will reign
One day peace
One day
Just wind,
Just breath.
All whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment